[armedbear-devel] asdf-jar on Windows

Theam Yong Chew senatorzergling at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 07:50:50 UTC 2012

Hi devs,

I looked into the asdf jar loading mechanism in the contrib, and found
that it doesn't work well on Windows (mainly pathname issues).
Attached patch provides a suggested fix (please review).

Additionally, I think a suitable (OS portable?) argument for asdf-jar:package's

      &key out #P"/var/tmp"

would be nice.

This was tested informally, seems to work. What do you think?

Thanks for the good work!

Yong.
PS Any ideas on how we can avoid bundling the source too (maybe only
the .asd file will still be needed). This will make jar files look
more like binaries in a way... I tried to add a :exclude-source
argument to package, but the resulting jar file failed to load (asdf
wants source files still).