[armedbear-devel] [armedbear-cvs] r13841 - trunk/abcl/contrib/abcl-asdf

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Feb 1 14:07:32 UTC 2012

On Feb 1, 2012, at 14:43 , Ville Voutilainen wrote:

> On 1 February 2012 15:25,  <mevenson at common-lisp.net> wrote:
>>                (truename (read-line (sys::process-output
>> -                                     (sys::run-program "which" `(,mvn-path)))))
>> +                                     (sys::run-program "which" `(,mvn-path))))) ;; TODO equivalent for MSDOS
>
> See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/304319/is-there-an-equivalent-of-which-on-windows,
> where.exe does it on windows, where /? gives help for it, and for example
>
> C:\Users\vilvouti>where notepad.exe
> C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe
> C:\Windows\notepad.exe
>
> So just run 'where' for it and pick the first line if successful, I guess.

Unfortunately, "where.exe" was only shipped starting with Windows
2003 Server, so it doesn't exist on the stock Windows XP installation
that is presumably still the Armed Bear MSFT lowest common denominator.

But thanks for the link, as I couldn't easily find such an authoritative
answer in my searching.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."