[armedbear-devel] See java.util.concurrent (was Re: destroy-thread and unwind-protect)

James Lawrence llmjjmll at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 21:59:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Mark Evenson
<evenson.not.org at gmail.com> wrote:
> The [java.util.concurrent][1] package as [thread pool Executors][2]
> that definitely don't poll, and arguably provide some of the most
> performant queuing available for the Oracle JVM implementation.  At
> least you need a good reason *not* to use it, as it is thoroughly
> debugged and tested. Suggest using [JSS][3]

OK thanks for the info.

Just so I can evaluate my options better -- do you foresee ABCL
behaving like the other implementations in the future? That is,
executing cleanup forms when the protected form is halted? As I
mentioned, this is independent (at least conceptually) of an actual
thread death event, which happens at some unspecified point in the
future (or not) and is uninteresting (at least to me) as long as the
cleanup gets executed.