[armedbear-devel] Maxima, once again

Reinhard Oldenburg oldenbur at math.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Oct 11 13:02:30 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,

I check the staus of ABCL every few month to see how well it runs
Maxima. The findings are, that ....
- The testsuite goes through, but ABL is more then 10 times slower than
native Lisps.
- However, tehre are problems with several packages, e.g.
load(fmin_cobyla); fails
- There is still no way to produce an image file. Last year I was told
that ABCL can load from URL, but I fear that doing this takes a couple
of days 8which I can't afford). So is seems that there is not yet a good
way to write Applets using Maxima. If anyone can produce a maxima.jar,
I'd be happy.

Any comments?

reinhard