[armedbear-devel] ASDF: Cannot handle the special form EXTENSIONS:TRULY-THE

Mark Evenson evenson.not.org at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 09:25:54 UTC 2011

On Nov 30, 2011, at 01:40 , Blake McBride wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Trying to load a package with ASDF I ran into the following error:
>
> ASDF could not load  because Cannot (currently) handle the special
> form EXTENSIONS:TRULY-THE.
> #<THREAD "interpreter" {4BC78066}>: Debugger invoked on condition of
> type SIMPLE-ERROR
>  Cannot (currently) handle the special form TRULY-THE
> Restarts:
>
> I traced the problem to ASDF and not the package I was attempting to load.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this?  (I am running the latest SVN
> head of ABCL)

I've never really understood our TRULY-THE implementation, but this
is as good a time as ever.

Searching for the string "(currently)" doesn't seem to show that
the error text is sourced anywhere within our source tree, so I
would guess that something within the ASDF package you are attempting
to load is doing something extra-ordinary.

Any chance you can give a recipe for reproducing this?