[armedbear-devel] svn r13244 breaks DIRECTORY with wildcard

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:40:45 UTC 2011

On 16 March 2011 19:37, Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> patches that break things remain long on trunk.  Among other things,
>> this prevents the ANSI compiled tests from being run.
> Damn. I'll take a look. The filtering breakage was supposed to be contained
> to wild-inferiors cases, where recursing was broken. I fixed the recursion,
> but we don't match wild-inferiors right with pathname-match-p and in
> directory, so the plan was to fix the recursion first and matching later,
> while keeping the non-wild-inferiors cases working. Apparently that
> didn't work out.

Ok, the attempt to protect against File::Foo::Bar breaks things. We need
to be able to figure out how to build a pathname with a name component
only, the previous attempt resulted in nil components which break matching
there. Reverted to a more conservative approach with r13252.

I'll be traveling soon, so work on this can on my part continue after next week.
Currently we still don't match wild-inferiors correctly (pathname-match-p is
over-eager to begin with, it always matches T if a directory component has
a wild-inferior, which doesn't work right for paths like "foo/**/bar/baz" vs.
"/foo/notbar/baz"). We also need to do the actual entry result matching in
directory so that it matches such wild-inferiors properly, and we don't
currently handle File::Bar::Baz right.

We shouldn't have regressions to the previous functionality now, please shout
if any arise.