[armedbear-devel] Supporting object finalizers (to support trivial-garbage)

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 23:33:25 UTC 2011

One of the higher systems on the list of Quicklisp downloads is the
trivial-garbage system (http://www.cliki.net/trivial-garbage).

One of the things this package does is to provide 'normalized' access
to object finalization functionality. I thought I'd quickly add that
support (and did so in r13248). However, it seems our bootstrap
compilation has now slowed down to a crawl.

So, I'm ready to revert the commit and reopen the ticket I had opened
to track progress. However, are you seeing the same? Do you have any
good alternatives? I'd love some discussion on this subject:
supporting Quicklisp downloaded packages looks like a good way to
promote ourselves.