[armedbear-devel] ABCL Usage Problem

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Jun 27 05:54:44 UTC 2011

On 6/27/11 1:53 AM, Nishant Trivedi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are trying to use ABCL for a project which requires a system coded in
> LISP to talk to another coded in JAVA. We are facing some issues and I
> would appreciate any help anyone can afford.
>
> For this project, I am using Windows 7 platform. I downloaded and built
> ABCL jar on my machine using ANT. I also setup the required system
> variables (JAVA_HOME, PATH and CLASSPATH). However, when I try to run
> the example code to call Java from Lisp ( as described at
> http://common-lisp.net/project/armedbear/doc/abcl-user.html), I keep
> getting the following error in ABCL:
> #<THREAD "interpreter" {13BC30A}>: Debugger invoked on condition of type
> ERROR
>    Class not found: Main

I suppose you are trying to follow [the lisp-to-java example here][1]
for which your error seems to indicate that you haven't included the
directory of the "Main.class" file.

[1]:
http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/browser/trunk/abcl/examples/lisp-to-java

> I have also manually compiled the Main.java file and placed the ".class"
> in the same folder as the lisp file that calls it. I am able to get
> built-in Java classes like "int". At this point I am stuck and would
> appreciate if anyone can help me out with this issue.

 From your description here, you seem to have resolved the issue about
the Main.class not being found but tt isn't clear what you are stuck on
exactly.  Perhaps you could describe a bit more about what you are
trying to do, perhaps posting code?