[armedbear-devel] ABCL Usage Problem

Nishant Trivedi nhtrived at asu.edu
Sun Jun 26 23:53:29 UTC 2011

Hi All,

We are trying to use ABCL for a project which requires a system coded in
LISP to talk to another coded in JAVA. We are facing some issues and I would
appreciate any help anyone can afford.

For this project, I am using Windows 7 platform. I downloaded and built ABCL
jar on my machine using ANT. I also setup the required system variables
(JAVA_HOME, PATH and CLASSPATH). However, when I try to run the example code
to call Java from Lisp ( as described at
http://common-lisp.net/project/armedbear/doc/abcl-user.html), I keep getting
the following error in ABCL:
#<THREAD "interpreter" {13BC30A}>: Debugger invoked on condition of type
ERROR
  Class not found: Main

I have also manually compiled the Main.java file and placed the ".class" in
the same folder as the lisp file that calls it. I am able to get built-in
Java classes like "int". At this point I am stuck and would appreciate if
anyone can help me out with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nishant.