[armedbear-devel] Start up message suggestion

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 22:49:33 UTC 2011

Hi Mark,

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> On 1/30/11 6:24 PM, Mark Evenson wrote:
>> On 1/26/11 11:58 PM, Blake McBride wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I've got a suggestion regarding the startup message on development
>>> versions of abcl.  Rather that just saying "-dev" why don't we say "-dev
>>> (XXX)"  where XXX is the subversion revision number?  This would make it
>>> much more clear about what you are running, and I'm pretty sure
>>> subversion can automatically provide and update this (I am doing it
>>> elsewhere).
>>

> […]
>
> After reviewing the (damn quick, thanks!) feedback, I've committed
> implementation of my proposal [in r13197][1]. Now, In the Ant-based
> build, if the executable 'svnversion' can be found on the PATH and the
> topmost '.svn' subdirectory exists, the output of 'svnversion' is
> appended to the value returned by LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION (which is
> what appears in the ABCL banner).

Thanks! I'm now running a build on Linux to see what I should have
seen, but I think I already know.

On Windows, there's an error: the output hasn't changed. I think I
know what the error is: svnversion doesn't exist in the PATH; it's
svnversion.exe which does....

Testing that assumption now....

[5 minutes later] nope. I'm not seeing the same output as in Linux. Any ideas?

Thanks for the quick turn-around on the feature!