[armedbear-devel] Start up message suggestion

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Sun Jan 30 18:09:57 UTC 2011

On Jan 30, 2011, at 12:53, Ville Voutilainen wrote:

>> 0.  Since there is no SVN tag expansion (like $Revision$) that would
>> output the current SVN version, we have to move the canonical value
>
> Uh what? The id expansions at the top of our files expand the revision
> as well as other information.

That is the last-changed revision of that individual file. It will not
advance, even on a fresh checkout, as long as that file is not modified.

svnversion is the right tool for this job, as it scans the entire
working copy and produces an appropriate summary.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>