[armedbear-devel] Using ABCL in Android

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 04:12:24 UTC 2011

On 18 August 2011 06:07, Joe Mendoza <joemndza_212004 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> To ABCL developers,
> I tried to use the java to lisp interpreter in Android, however, I received
> an error message; "Could not find method
> java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo, referenced from method
> org.armedbear.lisp.Java.getPropertyDescriptor". I've learned that Android
> doesn't support the use of Java beans.
> Would there be another way to compile ABCL without implementing Java beans?

Well, first of all, we don't target Dalvik, which is the virtual
machine on Android,
which is not-at-all like a normal JVM. Second, the runtime environment
on Android
is not compatible with a normal JRE, so even running the interpreter on it is
completely unattempted and very much unlikely to work.

Patches welcome. :) There hasn't been a high priority about making abcl run
on Android, but it's sort of a bubbling-under idea that we would consider
if there was enough time to explore it.