[armedbear-devel] ASDF and ABCL

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 09:14:35 UTC 2010

On 31 October 2010 02:10, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up on the versioning change.  I must confess that I
> don't understand git very well, being more of a Mercurial partisan, so I had
> just issued
>
>    unix$ git fetch origin
>    unix$ git pull
>
> which had worked before to follow the stable branch of ASDF.

Oh, but the default branch, master, is where development is currently ongoing.
Release happens in the "release" branch:

git checkout release # maybe with option -b the first time.
git pull origin/release

> I don't expect that you are mixing development on the stable branch, so I'll
> have to poke around the git documentation to figure out what I am doing
> wrong.

Our love was a supernova, bursting with an immense light only to wane quickly,
leaving behind a black hole.