[armedbear-devel] ASDF and ABCL

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:58:53 UTC 2010

On 31 October 2010 01:46, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> ABCL trunk upgraded to ASDF-2.010.1 in [r12986][1].
>
> [1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/12986

Thanks a lot!

BTW, in the new numbering scheme I just inaugurated,
2.010 is stable, and 2.010.1 is a development version.
In this case, 2.010.1 includes a GCL-specific patch, which won't affect you.
I would recommend that in general, you should include
a 2.0xx version in your official releases, not a 2.0xx.y version,
unless the development version includes some ABCL-specific fix.
This will help keep things more stable and restrict the number of
different versions of ASDF found in the wild.

No need to downgrade to 2.010, though.
Just keep that in mind next time you upgrade.

Or maybe you think this is a bad move, and have better ideas as to
how ASDF versions may be numbered.

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained when sought after directly. It comes
as a by-product of providing a useful service. — Henry Ford