[armedbear-devel] BUG: armedbear-devel at common-lisp.net

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 22:42:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Alessandro Serra <gas.hale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> compiling ltk I have the following error:
>
> #<THREAD "interpreter" {FE135D}>: Debugger invoked on condition of
> type SIMPLE-ERROR
>  s2 argument 34666 out of 16-bit signed range.
>
> Debugging a bit, I found that the error is in "compiler-pass2.lisp" in
> the function "code-bytes" during the pass2
> (replace labels with calculated offsets).
> What can I do to avoid this error?

It seems to be a known bug with files containing too many functions.
Unfortunately, the only workaround for now is to split the offending
file in two. I have had this bug on my to-do list for a while, but
I've got other things to work on and I still haven't found the time to
tackle it.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Alessio