[armedbear-devel] Significant increase in build time

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 21:17:11 UTC 2010

Blake,

Before going to bed, I did a quick test - as discussed over GMail chat
- to see how much they differ in compilation times on other software.

timing new code, Maxima compilation: 223.416s, loading: 25.8
timing old code, Maxima compilation: 204.063s, loading: 29.174

I have no idea of the variation of the Maxima compilation times; it
looks like the new code is 10% slower at compiling, but 20% more
efficient at loading. However, these were single runs, so my
conclusions may be way off, depending on the variations.