[armedbear-devel] Commit for bug with spaces in directory on trunk

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Nov 27 11:09:30 UTC 2010

After testing under Windows, I've committed my proposed solution to the
URI escaping issues in pathnames to the trunk as [r13506][1].  If fellow
developers could build and test the ABCL-TEST-LISP system on their
respective systems, I would appreciate it.

 From the commit message:

Fix problems with #\Space characters in JAR pathnames.

We now require that inputs to the PATHNAME routines that have the URI
scheme "jar:file" or "file" properly encode themselves as URIs
according to RFC2396. Mainly this means that #\Space and #\?
characters in such strings should be percent encoded
(i.e. "jar:file:/path%20with%20/space/and%3fquestion-mark"). The
corresponding namestring routines have been adjusted to output such
URI encoded representations, although the underlying PATHNAME objects
contain unescaped values. The routines for loading FASLs have been
adjusted to URI encode their inputs as well.

The #\+ character is no longer an escape for #\Space (this was a bug).

[1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/13056