[armedbear-devel] system.lisp and handler-case

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed May 12 10:09:28 UTC 2010

On 5/11/10 10:36 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> I'm trying to use system.lisp as the hook into writing code that reads
> command line parameters and does stuff - to use abcl for scripting.
>
> The problem is that debugging it is ... uncomfortable... , because
>
> (handler-case
>      (require 'system)
>    (t ()))
>

> Means that any error just stops what's happening.
>
> How can I establish that my code running as called from system.lisp runs
> in a normal debugging environment?

This code is executed before the standard restarts have been put into
place, as far as I can tell.  Perhaps this code should be executed later?

I'm struggling trying to understand what sort of restarts have been
established where in the code, so help would be appreciated.  As Alan
points out, the way both the inclusion of the system code and the
implementation of require is sub-optimal, so suggestions are welcome.