[armedbear-devel] ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS with jar pathnames

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 17:30:05 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:

> On Mar 11, 2010, at 2:15 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>
> […]
>>> In your usage of ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS the system in the JAR does
>>> not have FASLs, which are compiled somewhere to the local filesystem,
>>> right?  Just packaging the entire ASDF system with FASLs in the JAR
>>> does work (c.f. the abcl-contrib.jar containing ASDF-INSTALL built
>>> by the 'abcl.contrib' target).  Maybe you could circumvent the usage
>>> of ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS for jars for the time being?
>>
>> Ok. I'll do that for now.
> […]
>
> I got a little time today to try out ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS with
> ABCL, but didn't get that far, maybe you can explain a little more
> about your setup.
>
> I downloaded ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS via ASDF-INSTALL which reports
> a version of "0.3.9".  I assume for your usage of ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS
> you want to have a centralized directory as opposed to a per-jar
> mapping, so I configured .abclrc with the following:
>
>  (require :asdf-binary-locations)
>  (setf asdf:*centralize-lisp-binaries* t
>        asdf:*default-toplevel-directory* (truename "~/.asdf-binaries/"))

I load it and leave it at default settings. It puts subdirectories
where my asd files are.

The idea is to do as little special-case packaging as possible I want
to have a loaded project and say: (ship-it)

To package I plan to unpack all jars used by my system into a single
directory, add one more directory for my source, copy all source
directories to there (except omitting any dynamic jars also placed
there), modify system.lisp to load all my systems (disabling dynamic
jar loading), and have some code that interprets the command line
arguments to do stuff.

Here's the start of the code for managing the jars.
http://svn.mumble.net:8080/svn/lsw/trunk/util/jar-current-classpath.lisp

The problem occurred when I tried to load the compiled system code so prepared.

-Alan