[armedbear-devel] ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS with jar pathnames

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Mar 12 16:05:23 UTC 2010

On Mar 11, 2010, at 2:15 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

[…]
>> In your usage of ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS the system in the JAR does
>> not have FASLs, which are compiled somewhere to the local filesystem,
>> right?  Just packaging the entire ASDF system with FASLs in the JAR
>> does work (c.f. the abcl-contrib.jar containing ASDF-INSTALL built
>> by the 'abcl.contrib' target).  Maybe you could circumvent the usage
>> of ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS for jars for the time being?
>
> Ok. I'll do that for now.
[…]

I got a little time today to try out ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS with
ABCL, but didn't get that far, maybe you can explain a little more
about your setup.

I downloaded ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS via ASDF-INSTALL which reports
a version of "0.3.9".  I assume for your usage of ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS
you want to have a centralized directory as opposed to a per-jar
mapping, so I configured .abclrc with the following:

  (require :asdf-binary-locations)
  (setf asdf:*centralize-lisp-binaries* t
        asdf:*default-toplevel-directory* (truename "~/.asdf-binaries/"))

This seems to not have the desired behavior, as ASDF now compiles
the FASLS to a subdirectory of the location of the Lisp files.  This
part seems to be failing the included tests as well.

Could you correct my assumptions about your setup if wrong, and/or
explain a little more about how you are attempting to use
ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS with jars?

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but
there is nothing to compare to it now."