[armedbear-devel] Removing ANSI intermediate artifacts under Windows

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Jul 17 12:08:33 UTC 2010

On 7/17/10 10:53 AM, Mark Evenson wrote:
[…]

> The UNIX version of ANSI-COMPILED/ANSI-INTERPRETED invokes "make clean"
> on the makefile provided for by the tests. Attached is a patch that
> extends the win32 version's use of 'erase' to include all the targets
> found in that target. If you can test that this eliminates your test
> failure, I'll commit it.

It turns out "ERASE" is a something like a DOS shell primitive, and
can't be invoked by RUN-SHELL-COMMAND (who knew DOS could get *more*
primitive).

With help from Matt, I have [committed in 12811][1] a removal of
intermediate ANSI files via DELETE-FILE, so this should now work on all
platforms.

[1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/12811