[armedbear-devel] Question about ABCL on Google App Engine

Anthony Green green at spindazzle.org
Sun Jan 24 12:04:35 UTC 2010

Anthony Green wrote:
> I'm trying to get my little abcl web app experiment 
> (http://spindazzle.org/blow), working on google app engine.  The gae 
> sandbox is tripping me up, but I'm having a tough time figuring out 
> where.  Here's a stack trace:
> https://gist.github.com/0258a3794866eb6c120b
> If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like asdf is trying to compile 
> something, which in turn is calling ensure-directories-exist, which 
> doesn't work on GAE.
> I'm not sure what asdf could be compiling.  I've pre-compiled all of the 
> *.lisp files and removed them from the war file that gets uploaded to 
> GAE.  
> Any advice on tracking this down?

While on abcl IRC yesterday, I figured out that this was asdf trying to 
compile before loading.  I hacked abcl's asdf to not do this in the 
abcl.jar deployed to GAE and the problem went away.

Now the problem is that it takes too long to bring up abcl + my 
libraries and app code.  GAE kills requests that take too long to start up.

One other thing to note... it looks like many of the abcl objects need 
to be serializable if you're going to save them in the user session for 
GAE.  I made Fixnum serializable for my test and it worked fine.


> Thanks!
> AG
> _______________________________________________
> armedbear-devel mailing list
> armedbear-devel at common-lisp.net
> http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/armedbear-devel

More information about the armedbear-devel mailing list