[armedbear-devel] translate-logical-pathname and :wild-inferiors regression

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 15:51:07 UTC 2010

In 12389 just checked out and compiled just now.

CL-USER(4): (setf (logical-pathname-translations "ido")
'((#P"IDO:IDO-CORE;**;*.*"
#P"/Users/alanr/repos/infectious-disease-ontology/trunk/src/ontology/ido-core/**/*.*")
(#P"IDO:IMMUNOLOGY;**;*.*"
#P"/Users/alanr/repos/infectious-disease-ontology/trunk/src/ontology/immunology/**/*.*")
(#P"IDO:TOOLS;**;*.*"
#P"/Users/alanr/repos/infectious-disease-ontology/trunk/src/tools/**/*.*")
(#P"IDO:LIB;**;*.*"
#P"/Users/alanr/repos/infectious-disease-ontology/trunk/lib/**/*.*")))

CL-USER(5): (TRANSLATE-PATHNAME #P"IDO:IMMUNOLOGY;"
#P"IDO:IMMUNOLOGY;**;*.*"
#P"/Users/alanr/repos/infectious-disease-ontology/trunk/src/ontology/**/*.*")
Debugger invoked on condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR:
  Unsupported case in TRANSLATE-DIRECTORY-COMPONENTS.
Restarts:
  0: TOP-LEVEL Return to top level.

I patched it with the following, but don't know if it's the right thing

    (defun translate-directory-components-aux (src from to case)
      (cond
((and (null src) (null from) (null to))
 NIL)
((and to
      (not (member (car to) '(:wild :wild-inferiors))))
 (cons (casify (car to) case)
       (translate-directory-components-aux src from (cdr to) case)))
-->
((and (not src) (eq (car from) :wild-inferiors) (eq (car to)
:wild-inferiors))
 (translate-directory-components-aux src (cdr from) (cdr to) case))
-->
((not (and src from))
 ;; both are NIL --> TO is a wildcard which can't be matched
 ;; either is NIL --> SRC can't be fully matched against FROM, vice versa
 (throw 'failed-match))

I concur btw that having a function that generates a report to include for
the developers would be a good thing.
Svn version, possibly the svn diff wrt to that, java version, etc.

-Alan