[armedbear-devel] translate-logical-pathname and :wild-inferiors regression

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Jan 18 10:12:23 UTC 2010

On 1/17/10 11:09 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> A recent commit (dec 2009) seems to have changed the behavior of
> wild-inferiors.
> Prior to the change :wild-inferiors would match 0 or more pathname
> components. After the change 1 or more.
>
> e.g.
>
> (TRANSLATE-PATHNAME #P"IDO:IMMUNOLOGY;" #P"IDO:IMMUNOLOGY;**;*.*"
> #P"/Users/alanr/repos/infectious-disease-ontology/trunk/src/ontology/**/*.*")
>
> Used to work, but now fails.
>
>      Unsupported case in TRANSLATE-DIRECTORY-COMPONENTS.

In both the released abcl-0.18.0 and trunk (as of r12383), I don't see
this bug. getting

CL-USER> (TRANSLATE-PATHNAME #P"IDO:IMMUNOLOGY;"
#P"IDO:IMMUNOLOGY;**;*.*"
#P"/Users/alanr/repos/infectious-disease-ontology/trunk/src/ontology/**/*.*")
#P"/Users/alanr/repos/infectious-disease-ontology/trunk/src/ontology/**/IDO:IMMUNOLOGY;"

Could you please provide more information about which version of ABCL
has this problem?

Note to developers:  the task of determining which version of ABCL
people report problems to us would be simplified if we included better
versioning wrt. SVN.  There is a "version.src" Ant property that is
stored in the abcl.jar file to keep track of versions, but when I last
looked into it I never found a reasonable way to set it from Ant, as
there is no built-in support in Ant for Subversion.  If we could depend
on the existence of a 'svn' client binary in the PATH, we could parse
its output, but this seems like a bad bet under Windows as a sizable
number of people presumably use Explorer Shell extensions like
TortoiseSVN.  It looks like a possible route would be to parse the
contents of '.svn/entries' if it exists to take a stab at reporting
which SVN version abcl.jar was built from.  Without access to an SVN
client we couldn't tell reliably if the source has been modified from
that SVN version, but it would give us a decent place to start.