[armedbear-devel] Fwd: [Bug] Identically named gensymed coalesced into same object in fasl file

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Tue Jan 12 13:31:07 UTC 2010

Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> writes:

> Sent the response below to Tobias privately by accident.

It's tracked as

  http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/79

> BTW: Did you happen to find this issue by accident? How did you find it?

I wondered what 3.2.4.2.2 (``Two apparently uninterned symbols S and C
are similar if their names are similar.'') is supposed to mean. I came
up with that test case, and tried it on all implementations that I've
got installed.

I first thought that ABCL's behaviour is what the standard would
prescribe, even though I couldn't believe that to be true -- until I was
pointed out 3.2.4.1 by Bart Botta.

  -T.