[armedbear-devel] Folding Lisp application code into a JAR file in the Java CLASSPATH

Olsen, Peter C. Peter.Olsen at jhuapl.edu
Tue Jan 12 04:07:24 UTC 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Is there an elegant way to have ABCL load Lisp code from a JAR file in the
Java CLASSPATH?

I'm helping build an application to run under ABCL and I'd like to take all
the code and roll it up into a JAR file in the CLASSPATH when I start the
interpreter.  If possible I'd then like to have ABCL find the file as though
it were in the current directory.  I know that ABLC is finding its system
files in abcl.jar and I can load Lisp code from a local JAR file, but I
haven't figured out how to put the two together and load Lisp elegantly from
a JAR file in the CLASSPATH.  I can do it inelegantly by getting the
CLASSPATH from the Java System class, inspecting all its JAR files, then
application.

I'd appreciate any pointers.

Finally, please let me apologize in advance if there's some simple answer
that I should have found but haven't.

Peter
--
Peter Olsen, P.E., Ae.E.
Registered Professional Engineer, Maryland License 12283

Performance and cost must be considered as well as functionality. (RFC 1958)