[armedbear-devel] asdf loading from jar files

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Sat Jan 9 14:02:18 UTC 2010

> It would be extremely nice to be able to move some of the current Java
> stuff into Lisp. To do that effectively, I think we need something
> like ECL does: build an ecl_min in C (in our case abcl_min in Java)
> which implements a rather small subset of Lisp. The rest of the system
> can be based off the minimal lisp and implement the full CL spec.
> However, this approach would need a good design. Without one, I think
> we'll be lost.

I suppose that the JVM as an environment is sufficiently different that none of the other Common Lisps can be re-used? Specifically, SBCL's bootstrapping process [1] looks intriguing, but seems to target relatively simple memory architectures, possibly making it a bad fit for the JVM.

[1] http://www.doc.gold.ac.uk/~mas01cr/papers/s32008/sbcl.pdf

Axel.Rauschmayer at ifi.lmu.de
http://www.pst.ifi.lmu.de/~rauschma/