[armedbear-devel] User-extensible sequences?

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:59:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Axel Rauschmayer <axel at rauschma.de> wrote:
> I was looking for something similar to lazy lists or iterators in CL and asked a friend who told me about the following paper (abstract see below):
> http://www.doc.gold.ac.uk/~mas01cr/papers/ilc2007/sequences-20070301.pdf
>
> Is this something worthy of inclusion into ABCL?

I would love to have that in ABCL! Besides your use case, I'd like to
use such a feature to make Java collections be first-class citizen in
Lisp. That would mean easier integration with Java, and the
possibility to use the Clojure collections "for free", since I read
that they implement the standard Java collection interfaces.

I believe ABCL's sequences implementation is derived from CMUCL's, and
since SBCL is a fork of CMUCL, porting them from it could possibly be
not very hard.

It's definitely something I'd like to work on, and I've been thinking
about that on and off for some time. I can put some time into it in
the near future; if you'd like to join efforts, you're welcome!

Bye,
Alessio