[armedbear-devel] Working toward an 0.18 release

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 16:26:41 UTC 2010

Even though trunk isn't "feature complete" yet, I'd like us to start
preparing the 0.18 release as we do every roughly 2 months. Every
release consists of the following steps:

 * Update CHANGES
 * Check/update INSTALL
 * Write release notes
 * Run ANSI tests and CL-BENCH on trunk
   (but preferrably also Maxima tests)
 * Trial-run the release script for source and binary distributions
 * Run ANSI test and CL-BENCH on the release trial-release archives
   (but preferrably also Maxima tests)

[Don't distribute the trial-release archives! We don't want several
version 0.18's floating around...]

Because I'd like to distribute the work, making light work for
everybody, I'm looking for takers on any of these tasks.