[armedbear-devel] Changes to CHANGES

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sat Feb 27 23:20:02 UTC 2010

"dmiles at users.sourceforge.net"
<logicmoo at gmail.com> writes:

> Is it known when the WITH-STANDARD-IO-SYNTAX.23 regression started?
>

>   (LET ((*PRINT-PPRINT-DISPATCH* (COPY-PPRINT-DISPATCH NIL)))
> (SET-PPRINT-DISPATCH (QUOTE SYMBOL) (FUNCTION (LAMBDA (STREAM OBJ)
> (DECLARE (IGNORE OBJ)) (WRITE-STRING "FOO" STREAM)))) (LIST (LET
> ((*PRINT-PRETTY* T)) (PRINC-TO-STRING (QUOTE BAR)))
> (WITH-STANDARD-IO-SYNTAX (LET ((*PRINT-PRETTY* T)) (PRINC-TO-STRING
> (QUOTE BAR))))))
>   ("FOO" "FOO")
>
> It should say  ("FOO" "BAR")
>

> It might be when the Stream code was being done?

I think WITH-STANDARD-IO-SYNTAX.23 may have been added recently due to a
patch from mine. I discovered that SBCL does not bind
*PPRINT-DISPATCH-TABLE* in W-ST-IO-SYNTAX a couple of months ago (and
ABCL copied the pretty-printer stuff from SBCL), and I may have
submitted a test case to the ansi test suite -- although I can't
remember precisely. Try to annotate the ansi test source file.

  -T.