[armedbear-devel] some questions about r12503

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 17:21:21 UTC 2010

The separate pathname matcher for jars looks odd to me. I'd expect the
listing to give whatever it gives, and the
matching condition in directory.lisp to filter it. Is jar filtering so
different that it requires a different matcher?

Same question applies to the wildcard matching, jar listing seems to
do the wildcard matching in java,
rather than in lisp? That's also different from the way directory
listings are handled.

The list-directory primitive sorely needs to be split into two
functions (listJar and listDirectory), it's getting long-winded.
That's not a high-priority issue, but we need to mind function length,
it's a huge readability issue.