[armedbear-devel] Changes to CHANGES

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Feb 22 10:25:49 UTC 2010

I've updated the [CHANGES][1] file on trunk in preparation for the upcoming release.  Erik asked me to write up my changes, but I took at stab at recapitulating everything as best I could interpret it.

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/abcl-dynamic-install/source/detail?r=8a0bf88cca6dde5291bc1f171b211e7f5231e9fb

Deliberately missing from this summary:

1)  Alessio's recent work on lambda inlining.  In my opinion we have to address the bug Alan Ruttenberg has found or backout these changes before release.

2)  Ville's work on string functions, as it's incomplete.  And it was hard to understand from the commit messages if it is purely optimization or if it involves bug fixing as well.

Anything else is something I missed.

I've adopted a little more verbose format than previously, including references to svn changesets and tickets where possible.  There are now three sections:  "Features" which tries to summarize the features that would be interesting to end users "Fixes/Optimizations" summarizing all the fixes or optimizations that might prompt an end user to retry something that previously didn't work or was too slow, and "Other" which mostly summarizes changes to implementation details of interest to ABCL development.

Comments (or direct changes in SVN) are welcome.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."