[armedbear-devel] expecting to find integer on stack

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Apr 27 06:24:18 UTC 2010

On 4/27/10 4:05 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

[…]

> Now I'm getting used to the new pathname code and other changes.
>
> 1) I used to use probe-file to test whether a thing was a file. Now,
> however, probe-file on an http URI will return true. Is there a
> recommended way to see whether a pathname is a file pathname?

URL-PATHNAME and JAR-PATHNAME are now subtypes of PATHNAME, so the usual
CL type machinery should be at your disposal.  For convenience, we have
defined predicate functions EXT:PATHNAME-URL-P and EXT:PATHNAME-JAR-P
which is what I would expect one for common usage.

> 2) I use a different classloader (from bsh) so as to be able to add
> jars to my classpath dynamically. However, if I wanted to specialize a
> method on a java class so obtained, I need to coerce it to one that
> clos knows about. I was using an internal call to do so:
>
> (#"findJavaClass" 'org.armedbear.lisp.JavaClass class)
>
> However this is gone in the new version. Could you suggest how I can
> register a java class that I've obtained from the alternative class
> manager so that clos knows about it?

Hmmm, this should be unrelated to the URL pathname implementation.

JavaObject.java seems to still have a findJavaClass() method, and even
provides a Lisp interface JAVA::%FIND-JAVA-CLASS.  Maybe JSS is failing
to properly invoke the method?

In any case, we should figure out what functionality you need here, and
polish this up as a semi-supported interface Lisp-side for usage.  The
first step is figuring out where (and then why) we changed this.