[armedbear-devel] Stack inconsistency now uses interpreted form in FASL

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Apr 16 14:06:33 UTC 2010

Since we seem to be up against a bit of a wall in [analysis of the stack
inconsistencies in bytecode for some instances of HANDLER-BIND][1], I've
[changed the compiler to fall back to using hte interpreted form][2] if
the stack verification fails.

To do this, I've introduced INTERNAL-COMPILER-ERROR which when signaled
at any point in the compilation pass, causes PROCESS-TOPLEVEL-FORM to
fall back to using the interpreted form.

In its current form, the faulty bytecode is still included in the packed
FASL which as a further optimization should not be included.

[1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/89
[2]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/12620