[armedbear-devel] Consolidating copy/paste code

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 21:21:53 UTC 2010

Hi David,

>> Do you feel like contributing more, but you don't have any idea where
>> to start? You might want to have a look at ticket 88; it's a change to
>> provide ABCL with primitives for SLIME to use to find the right source
>> code. There's a comment in the ticket explaining my direction of
>> thoughts. If that's not enough, we can discuss on the list, here.
>>
>> Although this is probably more like 2 or 3 afternoons since you're
>> very new in our code base.
>
> OK.  I'll take a look at it this weekend.  It sounds like you're
> suggesting to modify the compiler to emit CompiledPrimitive
> instead of Primitive, where CompiledPrimitive is just an empty
> sublcass of Primitive?

Yes. Additionally, it would be a good idea to define a Primitive (in
Primitives.java) which takes exactly one argument and returns T if
that argument is instanceof CompiledPrimitive or CompiledClosure; or
NIL otherwise.

>> Thanks again for your contribution!
>
> No trouble.  abcl just allowed me to integrate a large amount of old
> code that I was rather fond of with an equally large amount of new
> code, so I'm rather grateful.

If you need help or pointers, please do ask! We'll gladly help you
find your way around.