[armedbear-devel] packaging external libs with abcl

Matthew D. Swank akopa at charter.net
Sun Sep 20 16:32:40 UTC 2009

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:12:48 +0200
Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:

> Why not package the library code in ASDF itself, using ASDF's
> dependency mechanism to pull in the necessary code?  For packaging
> JARs with Java code as ASDF entries, [Alan Ruttenberg's JSS
> extension][1] allows the specification of JAR files in ADSF under
> ABCL.  The [following snippet][asdf-jar]

Doesn't this still extract the components in the jar to the file
system (I am trying to do this on the appengine), or does this use the
new jar path functionality (e.g. (load
"jar:file:///PATH/TO.jar!/foo")) in rev-12141?

Matt
--
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother." -- Albert Einstein.