[armedbear-devel] [j-devel] slime swank-abcl.lisp

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Tue Sep 15 22:23:40 UTC 2009

Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> writes:

> On 9/12/09 7:45 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>> Here's a patch against the current swank-abcl.lisp to make a couple of
>> things work for the trunk abcl.
>>
>> I don't want to check it in, as I don't know whether there are issues
>> with it working for older versions of abcl.
>>
>> The fixes make edit definition work, and arglists for generic functions.
>>
>> Is there anyone out there who is currently active on slime development
>> that is comfortable checking these in?
>
> Applied to SLIME CVS HEAD.  Thanks for the patch!

I think there's an off-by-one in SOURCE-LOCATION. In Emacs, a buffer
starts at 1, but in Common Lisp a file-position starts at 0.

(Caveat: `(goto-char 0)' in DWIM fashion will also bring you to the
beginning of a buffer.)

I think that's the reason why you put the (PLUSP POS) there to guard
against this issue, but merely passing (IF POS (1+ POS) 1) should also
suffice. Perhaps you want to put this into an extra function so the
casual hacker will be aware of it more easily.

  -T.