[armedbear-devel] How to build the abcl.jar file within Eclipse

logicmoo at gmail.com logicmoo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:31:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

In Eclipse 3.x you, may use the

File -> New ->  New Project (not new Java Project)
    This open the Wizard  (Your see "General" and a few others)
    Open the Tree Item that says "Java"
   Choose "Java Project From Existing Ant File"

   This moves to the next screen:
    Fill in project name "abcl-master"
     Browse to the "build.xml"
        Now below that (a list of ANT targets appear)
          Select the "javac task found in target abcl.compile.java"

The project should appear with source files

Next step is running it:
  right-click "abcl-master"
    "Debug as.." "Java Application"

This opens "Select Java Application"
  On the top type in "Main"
   It will give you the "Workspace matches" bellow

choose "Main - org,.armedbear.lisp"

Click OK

Eclipse somewhere (along bottom of the IDE screen) will have a window called "Console"

Select that and you'll see something like:

Armed Bear Common Lisp 0.17.0-dev
Java 1.6.0_14 Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
Low-level initialization completed in 0.984 seconds.
Startup completed in 25.437 seconds.
Type ":help" for a list of available commands.
CL-USER(1):

Its slow to start up becasue it is probably in Interpreted mode.

type "(compile-system)" once in the console once that is complete: (quit)

And now you should be able to run again:

Armed Bear Common Lisp 0.17.0-dev
Java 1.6.0_14 Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
Low-level initialization completed in 0.735 seconds.
Startup completed in 1.922 seconds.
Type ":help" for a list of available commands.
CL-USER(1):

 Java