[armedbear-devel] No :DARWIN, "No tag" & no ASDF

John Pallister john at synchromesh.com
Mon Oct 5 16:54:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Alessio Stalla <alessiostalla at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I run ABCL, I get :JAVA-1.6 in *FEATURES* but not :DARWIN (or any
>> other OS identifier). (*FEATURES* is (:DARWIN :JAVA-1.6 :ARMEDBEAR
>> :ABCL :COMMON-LISP :ANSI-CL :CDR6). What's :CDR6?)
>
> CDR6 is http://cdr.eurolisp.org/document/6/index.html

OK, thanks.

> About OS detection in *features*, I don't know how it is supposed to work.

This is an OpenJDK-related issue, I think; when I use Apple's java, I
get :UNIX and :DARWIN in *FEATURES*. I'll try and investigate this
further.

> You can (require 'asdf), which should load the version of asdf bundled
> with abcl (which afaik is an older version without the long form of
> d-m-c).

Thanks, I'll look for & try to use that. Although I couldn't find it
in the current source tree (i.e. I was using that, but it seems to
have gone away.)

> I'm interested in this too. I used to use Eclipse for the Java parts,
> but I'm moving more and more to Emacs (and simply Ant to build/run).
> However, I have a very minimal .emacs setup (I'm an Emacs newbie).

Alright, I'll post my setup (once it's settled down a bit).

Cheers,

John :^P