[armedbear-devel] ABCL basics

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 11:10:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:10 AM, dusan lukic <paracentije at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with your help, I managed to create abcl.jar file, and now I need some basic
> knowledge of using it. I would like to know how to compile Lisp code (in a
> form of String or text file) and call it from Java code. I would also like
> to get some basic idea of which classes are defined in the abcl.jar file,
> and what is their purpose and what can I do with them. Furthermore, I would
> like to obtain some abcl help (it can be online, too), which contain
> descriptions of abcl classes and their methods, fields, stuff like that.
>
> Can anyone point me to some documentation or give some guidelines? Thaks.

There's some documentation on the abcl wiki:
http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/wiki/
Most of it is about implementation details, but under
http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/wiki/JavaScriptingAPI you can
find an introduction on using abcl from Java through jsr-223, which
provides a standard interface to load and compile code, among other
things.

There are also some examples in the sources:
http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/browser/trunk/abcl/examples

The classes defined in abcl.jar are many; imho it's better if you say
what you want to do specifically, and we'll help you on those specific
points.

Happy hacking,
Alessio