[armedbear-devel] Proposed patch for ticket #58 (inspection of Java objects)

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 07:43:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Alan
Ruttenberg<alanruttenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just fyi - Michael Travers wrote the beginnings of swing based
> inspector for java that I use in LSW for productive work. Anyone is
> welcome to grab it and improve it or just steal ideas or code. It's
> at:
>
> http://mumble.net:8080/svn/lsw/trunk/inspect/

Very interesting! Actually the inspector I have begun working on is
more of a sample/test for the Swing library I'm coding. It mostly
re-uses what's already in abcl and just packages it in a GUI. It seems
Mike's is more powerful, as it also knows about rdf, and maybe more
(I've just given it a quick look). I also see that he wrote his own
little Swing abstraction for the inspector: is LSW itself a GUI
application, or just the inspector? (just curious - I'd like to see as
many abcl+Swing applications as possible in order to improve my
library).
In any case, I'll consider stealing some code :) I have defined a
little object-description abstraction, so I'm not tied to abcl's own
inspector infrastructure only, and I can easily plug in new types of
objects to be inspected. And of course, I'll share my code - it's not
published yet, but I plan to set up a common-lisp.net project soon,
even if the library is still not much more than a sketch.

Bye,
Alessio