[armedbear-devel] abcl 0.17 & slime 1:20080223-2

Durward McDonell durward.mcdonell at jhuapl.edu
Fri Dec 11 18:09:10 UTC 2009

Hello.

I have been trying to get abcl to run under slime, and I have
hit the limits of my understanding of all the relevant components.
This is on Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04), with abcl 0.17.0 and slime
1:20080223-2.

The symptom is that slime starts to load, then quits with the
error "Package "CLC" not found."  I tracked this down to
swank-loader: binary-pathname calls clc:calculate-fasl-root.
I've tried everything I could think of, like loading
clc from my .abclrc, but I could not trick it into loading.
This must be a solved problem, but I have not been able to
find anything on the web.

On a tangentially related note, in doing all this I discovered
that asdf integrates with sbcl specially, in a way that makes
it a little bit easier to load packages.  Is there a way to get
abcl to look in more than one directory for (load "foo.lisp")?

Thanks.

--
Durward McDonell
durward.mcdonell at jhuapl.edu