[Antik-devel] error loading gsll with quicklisp

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Thu Mar 22 17:18:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM, <harven at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As far as I understand, gsll is being merged with antik, so I am posting
> here.

That is not correct, I'm not sure where you would get the idea.  GSLL uses
parts of Antik (which were formerly part of GSLL), but that is the extent
of the relationship, now or planned.  So your question is more appropriate
for the GSLL-devel list, which I am copying on this reply.

> I am trying to install gsll using quicklisp and I run into an error,
> as reported in the attachment below. This seems to be related to
> cffi-grovel,
> which is installed.
>
> $ ls ~/.quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/cffi_0.10.6/grovel/asdf.lisp
>  common.h  grovel.lisp  invoke.lisp  package.lisp
>
> CL-USER> (find-package 'cffi-grovel)
> #<PACKAGE "CFFI-GROVEL">
>
> I am on debian squeeze, using sbcl from the repos. I have installed
> the following packages related to gsl
> libgsl0-dev, libgsl0ldbl, libffi-dev, gsl-doc-info, gsl-ref-html
>
> I also tried to load gsll with asdf, but I run into the same error
>
> CL-USER> (asdf:load-system "gsll")
>
> Error while trying to load definition for system gsll from
> pathname
>
> /home/harven/.quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/gsll-20111105-git/gsll.asd:
> The variable #:CFFI-GROVEL is unbound.
>   [Condition of type ASDF:LOAD-SYSTEM-DEFINITION-ERROR]
>

> Any suggestion ?

That is very odd.  I'm on the debian squeeze myself, and I've never seen
that.   However, is there a reason you are using asdf:load-system instead
of ql:quickload?  Try that and see what happens.

Also, please join the appropriate mailing list(s) to post, otherwise, I
must approve each time you send.  Thank you.

Liam