[Antik-devel] error loading gsll with quicklisp

harven at free.fr harven at free.fr
Thu Mar 22 15:35:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

As far as I understand, gsll is being merged with antik, so I am posting here.
I am trying to install gsll using quicklisp and I run into an error,
as reported in the attachment below. This seems to be related to cffi-grovel,
which is installed.

$ ls ~/.quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/cffi_0.10.6/grovel/asdf.lisp
  common.h  grovel.lisp  invoke.lisp  package.lisp

CL-USER> (find-package 'cffi-grovel)
#<PACKAGE "CFFI-GROVEL">

I am on debian squeeze, using sbcl from the repos. I have installed
the following packages related to gsl
libgsl0-dev, libgsl0ldbl, libffi-dev, gsl-doc-info, gsl-ref-html

I also tried to load gsll with asdf, but I run into the same error

CL-USER> (asdf:load-system "gsll")

Error while trying to load definition for system gsll from
pathname
/home/harven/.quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/gsll-20111105-git/gsll.asd:
The variable #:CFFI-GROVEL is unbound.
   [Condition of type ASDF:LOAD-SYSTEM-DEFINITION-ERROR]