[ansi-test-devel] Does this work at all?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 20:48:05 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Ville Voutilainen <
ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Forgot to reply to the list...
>
> On 8 January 2012 22:16, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
> <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I would like to know on what basis you believe that the test is correct.
> It
> > is producing an incorrect form, which is an assignment to a constant. The
>
> Ah, now I see it: "If the store-value restart is invoked, its argument
> becomes the new test-key, and is stored in keyplace as if by (setf
> keyplace test-key). Then ctypecase starts over, considering each
> clause anew."
>
> The test didn't look like it's testing anything but the :good case,
> but you are most certainly
> correct that if the test for :keyword should fail, the test will do
> funny things.

It is not only that the assignment is executed in case of error: the
assignment to a constant is an incorrect form and does not need to be
accepted by the Common Lisp implementation. ECL rejects it beforehand and
thus cannot swallow that test.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC