[ansi-test-devel] Does this work at all?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 20:16:55 UTC 2012

First of all, Erik, thanks for granting access, but I would need some help
about how the repository is set up for others to contribute --
common-lisp.net does not provide info about it.

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it would be a pitty to start removing tests from the testsuite
> without replacing those tests with acceptable variants: we'd run the
> risk of eroding the test suite which for many implementers is a
> valuable sanity check.

I would like to know on what basis you believe that the test is correct. It
is producing an incorrect form, which is an assignment to a constant. The
situation under those circumstances is unspecified The fact that ABCL had a
problem with the interaction between macroexpansion and the CASE statement
does not mean that the test is correct. Tests have to be kept if they
 conform to the ANSI specification and I am making a case that this test is
not. A proper form for that test would be

(PROGN
(DEFPARAMETER *CTYPECASE-15* :FOO)
(MACROLET ((%M (Z) Z))
 (CTYPECASE (EXPAND-IN-CURRENT-ENV (%M *CTYPECASE-15*))
   (INTEGER :BAD1)
   (KEYWORD :GOOD)
   (SYMBOL :BAD2)))
)