[alexandria-devel] Some number patches

Tamas K Papp tkpapp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 06:30:30 UTC 2012

Hi Robert,

Robert Smith <quad at symbo1ics.com> writes:

> I've created a patch that adds MULF and DIVF, which do what you might
> expect (modify macros for * and /). I also added some numerical
> predicates that I myself like, as well as others: POSITIVEP,
> NEGATIVEP, NON-POSITIVE-P, NON-NEGATIVE-P, NON-ZERO-P. As you might
> notice, they sound especially familiar to those who read mathematics
> literature.

MULF and DIVF could be useful (but note that many people spell the first
as MULTF).  However, I don't think that MUL(T)F and DIVF should take a
default factor/divisor argument --- personally, I would find (DIVF FORM)
somewhat confusing.

I don't really see the value of aliases for PLUSP and MINUSP, and I have
some doubts about NON-ZERO-P too.

Best,

Tamas