[alexandria-devel] COPY-FILE conflict.

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sat Nov 22 14:58:53 UTC 2008

"Attila Lendvai" <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> writes:

>  - imho, these utilities fall in the "often needed basic stuff"
> category (<100 lines with comments)

Indeed, they do. It is, however, my opinion that such "basic stuff"
should be put into the most specific project they're appropriate for.

I think we should try to make Alexandria's scope as small as possible,
lest it becomes a impenetrable mesh like CLOCC is. The broader its scope
the harder it'll be to make Alexandria high-quality.

I'd like to hear Edi's opinion about the stuff in io.lisp[*], and
whether he considers it appropriate for CL-Fad's "thin library" scope.

  -T.

[*] http://common-lisp.net/project/alexandria/darcs/alexandria/io.lisp