[admin] Would like to set up a repository

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 18:41:55 UTC 2006

Hello,

To release a small library, I was looking for a good way to host it. Setting
up my own hosting and repository looked like a lot of bother, so I write you
asking if it would be possible to put it at common-lisp.net. It's a very
small UTF-8 encoding and decoding library, predictably named trivial-utf-8,
whose purpose is mostly to act as a more efficient alternative to the
character encoding functions that unicode-aware implementations offer (its
string-to-octets equivalent beats SBCL's version by a factor 10, mostly by
being less general-purpose). This can be valuable in things like webservers
and database interfaces that would like to communicate with others in utf-8
without becoming horrifyingly sluggish. I'm releasing it under a BSD
license, and would prefer to put it in a darcs repository.

Enclosed is my gpg public key.

Regards,
Marijn Haverbeke