[admin] Hosting a open-source project on Common-Lisp.net (GeoRep)

Ron Ferguson rwf at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 15 20:44:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

  I'm a university researcher at Georgia Tech
<http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/faculty/Ron.Ferguson/>. I have a
diagram analysis system
<http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/faculty/Ron.Ferguson/papers/rferguson-kforbus-georep-aaai-2000-dist.pdf>
that I think would be very useful to the rest of the Lisp community, and
I'm planning to release it as open source. I was wondering if you would
do me the honor of hosting it on your site.

  Here is the key information that you requested in your FAQ:

  Name: Ronald W. Ferguson
  Description of project: GeoRep, a diagrammatic reasoning toolkit.
  Members of project: Ronald W. Ferguson, Neil Cutshaw, Jim Davies,
Rudolph Mappus, Kent Czechowski
  License: We're working it out with the university, but it will be one
of the common open-source licenses (feel free to recommend one)
  Public key: We don't have one, but can get one if needed

  Please let me know if there is any other information that you'd like
to have. Again, we want to contribute to the rest of the community, so
once the system is up we hope to create a community around this system
so that it is broadly used.

  All the best (and thanks for providing this service -- you're doing a
great thing!),

  -Ron Ferguson

  Ron Ferguson  (ronald.ferguson at cc.gatech.edu)

    College of Computing